Monday, January 22, 2007

A tip of the shovel to the tooth


Friday night the 20th I was back in the woods for Winterfest at Gold Lake sno park. A bunch of REI employees and I skiied in to the Westview shelter to camp for the night and enjoy the pristine Oregon forests. My buddy Wayne and I set to build the world's tightest snow shelter with my my tarp from Barret designs. We dug a huge snow pit and anchor the tarp tie outs with skis in all directions. We had dug a snow palace that comfortably fit 11 people underneath when we all gathered for dinner and alcoholic refreshments. After hanging out for awhile the party dissipated to go to their own shelters and me and Wayne set out to improve the shelter by building bigger snow wall around the outside of the tarp. We were just putting on the finishing touches on a stairway leading down into the shelter when Wayne's shovel smacked me square in the tooth. My mouth was bleeding profusely and we covered my face in snow until I was able to pass out.

I spent the next day cross country skiing with a chipped tooth which really added to my hockey player appearance because I had just gotten a black eye the past weekend from downhill skiing.

anyways I hoped I can find a good dentist

No comments: